Van Hentenryck is the author of five books, all published by the MIT Press, and over 300 scientific publications. He has given plenary or semi-plenary talks at the SIAM Optimization Conference, the International Symposium on Mathematical Programming, the INFORMS Annual Conference, the Joint International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, and the International Conference in Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence among others.
- 2018: Merit Award. Industrial and Operations Engineering. University of Michigan.
- 2016: Fellow of the INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and Management Science).
- 2015: Seth Bonder Collegiate Professorship, University of Michigan.
- 2015: Richard Newton Research Excellence Award, NICTA.
- 2014: Test of Time Award (20 years): Association of Logic Programming.
- 2014: Senior Visiting Fellow: Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Bologna.
- 2013: IFORS Distinguished Lecturer, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- 2012: Ulam Fellow, Center for NonLinear Studies, Los Alamos.
- 2011: Doctor Honoris Causa, the University of Nantes
- 2010: Philip J. Bray Award for teaching excellence in the physical sciences, Brown University.
- 2009: Fellow of the Association for the Advancement of Artifical Intelligence (AAAI).
- 2009: Doctor Honoris Causa, University of Louvain, Belgium.
- 2006: ACP Award for Research Excellence in Constraint Programming (Award Talk) (Award Paper)
- 2004: IBM Faculty Award.
- 2002: INFORMS Computing Society (ICS) Award for research excellence at the intersection of computer science and operations research.
- 1993: NSF National Young Investigator Award (USA).
- 2016: CP-2016. Best Paper Award.
- 2016: CPAIOR-2016: Fast-tracked paper to Constraints.
- 2015: AAAI-15, Best Paper Award, Blue Sky Research Track, Austin, Texas.
- 2015: CPAIOR-2015: Fast-Tracked paper to Constraints.
- 2014: Prestigious Applications of Intelligent Systems (PAIS’14), Best paper Award.
- 2009: Best paper award at SEDE’09.
- 2007: Distinguished Paper at IJCAI’07 (one of 3 out of 1353 submissions). (Award Paper)
- 2004: Distinguished Paper CP’04, Toronto, Canada.
- 2003: Best Paper Award, CP’03, Kinsale, Ireland.